Do you wish to decrease the wait time?

0% 0% [ 0 ]
100% 100% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A week to advertise??? on Fri 17 Jan - 2:13:50

Verified
Level 1
Isn't too much to wait for a week to have a signature ads or to advertise a forum? especially for a promotion forum?
Is it possible to reduce the days count to 5 at least?
View user profile

2 Re: A week to advertise??? on Sat 18 Jan - 6:50:29

Verified
Premium Member
Perhaps you should clear up your suggestion in a way where it is not stated as a question. Also you need to add a poll for voting otherwise it won't get far. Wink

But my own thoughts on this... I don't think the week wait time is so bad. It encourages members to stick around some and participate in the forum. Not just drop their advertisement and run.
View user profile http://rp-central.forumotion.com/

3 Re: A week to advertise??? on Sat 18 Jan - 8:58:45

Verified
Level 1
I don't know, it takes too long.
View user profile

4 Re: A week to advertise??? on Thu 23 Jan - 12:48:46

Verified
Manager
Selvester wrote:It encourages members to stick around some and participate in the forum. Not just drop their advertisement and run.

This could lead to members advertising their website/forum, leaving for a week and then coming back to 'bump' their thread. I actually think dropping the wait time is a good idea, as it will not only keep members coming back more regularly, it will also be better for AR.

If it was my choice, I would have the wait time at 2-3 days.

On my forum for example, I allow members to reply to their advertisement threads every 24hours.
View user profile

5 Re: A week to advertise??? on Thu 23 Jan - 13:00:11

Verified
Lead Administrator
Hey everybody,
Here is the standstill on this. This feature is a spam countermeasure. So here are the options, either members wait 1 week before being able to post links, or we disable this feature and they can post them instantly. i cannot change the time to 24 hours or anything of the sort. It is either 7 day wait or instant link access. If you are all willing to have this changed then I will go and change it.

Is this what you want?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
View user profile http://www.imejo.com

6 Re: A week to advertise??? on Thu 23 Jan - 13:02:10

Verified
Manager
I don't see the problem with allowing members to post links straight after registering. If you have enough anti-spam measures in place, not many will get through the registration process anyway. Also, we have a great moderation team, so spam isn't a problem as it will be removed straight away.

That's my opinion, what do others think?
View user profile
Sponsored content
Verified

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum