You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to keep forum active? Empty How to keep forum active? Fri 17 Jan - 11:29:48

Kite~
Kite~
Verified
Graphic Designer
I have many dead forums. I start new ones to replace the dead ones.. I want to stop it. How can I keep my forum alive?

2How to keep forum active? Empty Re: How to keep forum active? Sat 18 Jan - 2:40:07

Selvester
Selvester
Verified
Premium Member
Hmm well honestly I usually kill my forums not giving them the chance to live at all. I think its just because I like starting over, starting from scratch. I am trying to change some of that though. But thats just on the ones I start. I help manage a few that are going over a year old now and still have active members. I think a big part of it is layout. Events to keep members interested. Interesting topics. An active staff certainly. If they see the staff isn't active why should they be?

What kind of forums do you usually try to run? Perhaps better advice could be given if there were more specifics as to what type of forum you have?
http://rp-central.forumotion.com/

3How to keep forum active? Empty Re: How to keep forum active? Sat 18 Jan - 4:41:55

Bazinga!
Bazinga!
Verified
Level 2
Selvester wrote:Hmm well honestly I usually kill my forums not giving them the chance to live at all. I think its just because I like starting over, starting from scratch. I am trying to change some of that though. But thats just on the ones I start. I help manage a few that are going over a year old now and still have active members. I think a big part of it is layout. Events to keep members interested. Interesting topics. An active staff certainly. If they see the staff isn't active why should they be?

What kind of forums do you usually try to run? Perhaps better advice could be given if there were more specifics as to what type of forum you have?

Well, I think Selvester hit on some good ideas. You might want to consider holding some events on your forum to create interest. What type of event you have would depend on the type of forum you have. For instance, I know someone that has a forum based on anything horror. Scary books, scary movies, anything scary. So they might hold a horror type scavenger hunt around Halloween or something like that. Also, Selvester was right about having active staff. If your staff aren't being active, then your members won't be active at all either. Your staff can help you create interesting topics around your forum.
http://lastapprenticeseries.forumotion.com/forum

4How to keep forum active? Empty Re: How to keep forum active? Mon 20 Jan - 13:11:53

Verified
What is your forum's theme/purpose? =)

I'd like to recommend forum events and games! I do a lot of those and people are pretty excited about my Holiday games that I come up with. (I even have a cash prize for the first place winner if they have PayPal, which can also help.)
Sponsored content
Verified

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum